Sunday, June 17, 2012

SCCA NE National Tour Day 2

Well, we had an interesting end to the national tour. The Evo driver couldn't make it to the second day so without a time for Sunday he was automatically bumped to last place. Sunday's course was even faster than Saturday's. Much like Saturday I put down a decent run on my first time out and was unable to improve (i.e. stay clean) on my 2nd and 3rd runs. By the end of the day it was looking like I was only placing in 4th. That changed, however, when the car that was holding 1st and 2nd with its two drivers was protested for having illegal parts for the class (ALK). It took us a long time to get out of impound due to an oil spill on course that took most of the attention from the staff. After all of our cars were inspected and much deliberating the decision was made to uphold the protest and to penalize the two drivers 8 seconds a each, just enough to put them behind the legal cars. This resulted in a 2nd place finish for me. Not the way I would want to get it but I will surely be accepting the tire money from Kumho! Below is a video of my fastest run from Sunday followed by a photo bomb with lots of "action" shots. Thanks to Ed Savage for coming out to take some great pictures!


























































No comments:

Post a Comment