Saturday, May 12, 2012

Double header weekend!



This past weekend (May 5th-6th) I had an autocross each day with a different club.

Saturday 5-5-12 Renegade Miata Points Event #1

My goal for this event was to do some testing on suspension settings. After the last event (at the smaller location) I had left the rear sway bar disconnected and the shocks set softer than usual. Before the day started I did bring up the shocks but not as much as usual. I spent the morning feeling it out and increasing the shocks and then at lunch I reconnected the rear sway. My first run was a half second faster than my morning runs and then later I was able to cut down by nearly another second. I stayed for fun runs at the end of the day and my last run was another half second faster (camera was dead by then so no video). It is obvious that a sway bar is needed when at Devens!

8th out of 27 drivers in the "class"
Full results can be found here (see the bottom "non-Mazda" section).

Below is the video of my fastest run that counted (ie not fun runs)



Sunday 5-6-12 SCCA NER Points Event #3

Sunday's event was a lot of fun. The course was rather open and fast but still had plenty of technical bits. In the morning it was back and forth between Josh and I. Each run we kept taking first place from each other. At our lunch break I was holding the lead. In the afternoon Josh was able to put down some very respectable runs in the 55's and I just couldn't find the time out there. I ended up loosing first place by about 3/10ths of a second. At the end of the day we came to find out that my front camber bolt may have slipped because we put a camber gauge on and it wasn't at what it should have been (could have been the gauge). It's not a big deal since we don't have any events for a couple weeks and I was planing on going in for another alignment anyways. I was able to identify a few changes that I want to make before next time. Hopefully they will work and progress the car in the right direction.

2nd out of 3 drivers.
Full results can be found here (see the ASP section)





Sandi's fastest run of the day:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment