Friday, September 16, 2011

Update: Avoided (hopefully) engine crisis!

Its been a while since I have posted partially because of a break in autox events and partly because I have been spending my spare time trying to track down the issue that caused the stumble at the last event. I did end up missing one Renegade event because I was still waiting for parts to come in. I am pretty confident that the issue was a failing Fuel Pressure Regulator. I am signed up for this Sundays event with NER so hopefully everything is all set with the car. In the process of trying to sort the issues out I did the following things:

-New air filter
-Cleaned MAF
-Oil Change (just for good measure)
-Checked for leaks in vacuum lines
-Zip tied any "suspect" connections in vacuum lines
-Installed a Walbro 255 fuel pump
-Installed a Fuel pressure gauge
-New front and rear o2 sensors
-**New OEM Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR)**

For more details on the research and repair see this thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment