Monday, December 3, 2012

Off to the shop to get going on repairs

The car was left in the capable hands of Motive Auto Works to begin the tear down process. I should know soon how bad things are then we get moving on fixing it.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

The first update I received:



Since then I have found out that the timing was just fine and the timing belt was in good condition.  That was the good news.  The bad news was that a camshaft was scoured and the head casing for it was also damaged.  They will both need to be replaced.  I expect to find out at this point that the main failure was a spun bearing or two.  I wouldn't doubt, though, that one or more of the piston ringlands are in bad shape as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment