Saturday, August 11, 2012

Renegade Miata Points Event #6

The weather outlook for this event showed rain but I brought my slicks in hopes of it staying dry for a while. I had stopped using the slicks for this club but I needed at least one more event with them with higher finishing points to secure a good points position for the year. This club doesn't let us change tires once the car has been tech'ed. I really don't like this rule but it is what it is. I took a gamble and I lost. I was putting down some really good times in the morning but one run was dirty. I really needed to repeat my best run but the afternoon runs were all in the wet. Sure, the AWD is great and is a huge advantage over others but with the slicks it was hopeless. Those three runs were a wash (pun intended). There are, at least, three more events for me to get the high placing finish that I need. The course flowed very well and was rather open. I expect they designed the course with the rain in mind. Below is a video of my best morning run.

No comments:

Post a Comment