Thursday, August 4, 2011

Renegade Miata Autocross 7/30/11 Points #3

What a great day and event (even with the problems I was having)! A big thanks go out to Josh, for helping me troubleshoot the car as well as allowing me to take a fun run in his car, and Marc who not only convinced me to stay and do fun runs but spotted me the cash to do it! I think the three of us really learned a lot at this event (about ourselves, our cars, and each others). I think it is great that we have this level of camaraderie between competitors in the same class. It will only help us drive the cars faster and build them better! I experimented a lot with later braking points and trail braking. This helped with rotating the car through some of the bigger, faster turns. Sometimes it was a bit to much though, as you can see in this clip:



Below are the times for the three of us from the SCCA BSP group.

                          Best run1/Best run 2/AVG
Joshua Noble      73.320/74.420/73.870
Matthew Mickle 73.590/74.493/74.042
Marc Monnar     75.244/75.342/75.293

Here is a video of, what I think, was my fastest clean time of the day Unfortunately it was a "fun run" at the end of the day. I think it was only a like 4/100 of a second faster than my best run that counted though.



Ignore the fact that my entry speed into the slalom at :43sec was way to high, but take note of the four wheel drift through the left hander at :50sec!

No comments:

Post a Comment